Friday, April 13, 2012

CL: the birthday

Only 2 mos late!
.. & gosh what a wonderful 2 months it has been!

Phew.  Figured I would provide a teeny recap on the last 2 months of the Family Heintz:
{luckily I've been writing myself emails to keep up with some of the details.}

2/11 went a little like this..
Totally NORMAL Saturday, took IB to ballet (even talked to one of the moms about how I would be seeing them the next week at ballet still preggers).  Dyer, IB and I went to JDeli and Target - came home and they took naps while I was catching up on reality TV.
2:15 contractions were coming every 5-7 minutes (my thought, ..maybe they are braxton hicks.  dyer and IB were napping; since dyer NEVER gets enough sleep I did not want to wake him!  so I just wrote down the contractions and timing of them.)
3:30 contractions were every 3-4 minutes, lasting between 40-60 seconds (by this time everyone was waking up from naps).  I was trying to distract myself by writing Valentine's Day cards.
& no, I don't know what was wrong with me, I continued to think that I was just having non-productive type contractions - even though they were consistent at 3-5 minutes. 
5:30 I called the MD, still certain that I wasn't actually in labor (figured out of courtesy I would give them a heads-up since it was a Saturday).  I was convinced that I was just over worked and tired.  I should have known when I was talking to the MD and I started crying that there was actually something going on.  She told me that if I was in actual labor that I would know, but I was still in denial.  I mean it was 9 days before my listed due date (although I should recall that per my last cycle I was due 2/12 vs per sono 2/20).  Dyer called his mom to start heading our way.
6:00 left for hospital - at this point I was contracting every 2-3 minutes and I was SURE that this baby was coming today.  Even in the car (on Gaston St) I was saying that I was glad we were on the way to the hospital.  IB was with us.
6:30 We were in the L&D room, I had just changes into a gown and sat on the bed whennnnn my water broke.  It was just like a 'pop' of a balloon - no kidding!  The RN checked me - I was 4-5 cm, thin, station +2.  IB and Dyer were in the room and I remember trying everything to keep my cool during contractions (I didn't want IB to freak out - nor did I want Dyer to have to leave out of the room with her for the remainder of the time).  They left to get food when I got my epidural.
7:30 Got the epidural (which at that point I think that I squeezed the RN almost to death during my contractions); I was 9 cm.  I labored a little more, pushed a few more times - baby came at 8:11 pm.  I was very blessed with a wonderful, quick delivery.  Dyer had IB, they were hanging out in the hall; he did get to see CL right as they laid her on me (there was no way that his mom could have made it here that fast).  B-e-a-utiful at 7 lbs 9 oz, 19.75 in. &&& perfect.  (For comparison: IB was 7 lbs 14 oz, 19 in
We were discharged on Monday at 11 pm (I am strep B + and since I didn't get enough antibiotics prior to delivery they had to watch CL for 48 hrs.)

(maybeee ill try to keep up with this blog a little better now.)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers